Thursday, August 27, 2009

Staying Put... (Bethany)

Well, Michigan, despite my best efforts to resist your charm, you have won me over with your bright blue sky and your endless lakes and your ridiculous bargains ($50 for a clean hotel room, breakfast for 4, two pools and passes to a water park).
After a really rather long day yesterday, we have decided to delay the inevitable plow through Minnesota, Wisconsin and South Dakota until tomorrow and are staying here by the shores of Lake Huron for another night. It's really a charming place, despite its crowded rows of name brand hotels and themed restaurants. Adam has gamely marched the kids down to the pool and I will be joining them soon, just as soon as I lay down for just...one...minute...
Right time for nap time. Be back soon.
*snore*

3 comments:

  1. That's some gig for $50 a pop. How did you find it? Are you guys lining up hotels in advance or just rolling into town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany Expedia Groff lined them up in advance of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had the knack for finding things like this, but most of the time I just get frustrated and give up. :-) So far it sounds like you all had an amazing time.
    I should be getting into bed, I've been sleepy since 10:00am. However, I need to read the rest of....your.....trip...snore.......

    ReplyDelete