Monday, August 24, 2009

Lost Prologue (or not) (Jed)

Crazy. Daring. Scrumtrulacent (snl). Those are the only words able to define our trip to Seattle. It's crazy that we're driving to the other friggin side of the country. It's daring because, according to the disastrous film RV, our car will either run into a pile of shopping carts, be driving away in a panic to get away from a wierd Texas family, or crash into a lake . It's scrumtrulacent because we'll be driving past mount rushmore, hang around on yellowstone, and climb on mountains near the badlands. It's going to be a trip so scrumtrulacent that I can barely move or type anything but dots......................................................... anyway, my summer reading list is sadly going to be forced upon me on the trip >:-( and me and my best friend Jesse are planning a daring rebellion against those who created the summer reading list >:-). But more to the point, my dad and i are climbing up on mountains while my sister meg and my mother do a bunch of their girly stuff. We're gonna camp out and stuff and have picnics. However, riding along the countryside isn't very normal for me: I'm a media-addict, i love The King from Cars, i dig heavy metal and punk rock, etc, so why would I be doing this? Will I survive this trip?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, fine, I let my kids watch the occasional Saturday Night Live sketch. "Scrumtrulacent" (which I would render "scrumtrilescent," but who's quibbling) is from one of the "Inside the Actor's Studio" parodies (see next post).

    So anyway, earlier tonight I set Jed up with his brand-spanking-new Blogger account, opened a new blog posting, and left him to it. A little while later he comes up to me and goes, "What does LMAO mean?" To which I responded, "It means 'laughing my ass off,' so it's not appropriate for you to use it." I further advised him that virtually everyone reading this blog is going to be a boring adult who will not be all that impressed by his command of teenage text-messaging abbreviations. He seemed faintly disappointed, but I think the resulting post is the better for it (and plus he got to say "scrumtrulasent").

    ReplyDelete